And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?” 5:2 NIV Biblehub
My Father is glorified.
(Jesus in John 14:13, 15:8, 17:4, Matthew 5:16)
Our Lord wants us to trust Him and to know what’s coming. He has a good place for us and we’ll be with Him forever. Hallelujah, here are the places where angels and the seven seals are in the book of Revelation.
5:6 “a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.”
Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice,
“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might
and honor and glory and blessing!” 5:11,12 ESV BibleGateway
7 Seals Opened
Lord Jesus removes each of the seven seals and a corresponding action is performed.
(1. White horse – *Conquerer; 2. Fiery red horse – War; 3. Black horse – famine; 4. Pale horse – Death; 5. Martyrs seen; 6. Cosmic Disturbances; 7. Sounding of seven trumpets.)6:1 through 8:1
7 Angels Given 7 Trumpets
Seven angels each sound the trumpet and perform the related plague
1.Hail, fire, blood thrown to earth, a third of the trees are burned 8:7;
2. Like a great mountain burning withdrawn fire thrown into the sea, a third creatures die and ships destroyed 8:8,9;
3. Great star fell from heaven, named Wormwood, a third of the waters became wormwood and many men died 8:10,11;
4. A third of the sun, moon and stars are struck and were darkened, 8:12,13.
“And I looked and I heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, ‘WOE, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpets of the 3 angels who are about to sound.'” 8:13
5. A star fallen from heaven to earth, angel is given the key to open the bottomless pit, sun and air darkened. Locusts to torment for 5 months. 9:1-12
6. Releases 4 angels at Euphrates to kill a third of mankind using army of horsemen. 9:13-21
7. Announces triumph of Christ's kingdom* 11:15-19
After these things I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. 7:1
9:14,15, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates. So the four angels , who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind." (Under the 6th trumpet sound.)
- Another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God, instructs the 4 angels of the 4 corners. 7:2,3
- All the angels stood around the throne, the elders, and 4 living creatures and worshiped God. 7:11,12
- Then another angel having a golden censor, to offer incense with prayers of the saints. Filled it with fire and threw it to earth, there were noises, thunderings, lightning’s and an earthquake, 8:3-5
- Another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice, ‘Thrust in Your sickle and reap, for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.’ 14:15
- Then another angel came out of the temple also having a sharp sickle 14:17,19
- Another angel came out from the altar with power over fire 14:18
- One of the 7 angels who had the 7 bowls came and talked with me , saying, ‘Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters’ 17:1(2-18).
- After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory, 18:1(2-20)
- Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, ‘Come and gather together for the supper of the great God.’ 19:17,18
- Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand to bind Satan for a thousand years 20:1-3
- Another mighty angel with a rainbow on his head, cried out with a loud voice, as when a lion roars. When he cried out, seven thunders uttered their voices. 10:1-11:14.
- Then a mighty angel took up a great millstone and threw it into the sea to declare destruction to Babylon, 18:21-24.
Michael the Archangel
- Michael and his angels prevailed against Satan 12:7-9
7 Angels and Bowls of God’s Wrath
(1.foul and loathesome sores upon men with the mark of the beast and worship his image; 2. Sea became blood every living creature died; 3. Bowl poured out on rivers and springs and they became blood; 4. Men scorched with great heat, they blasphemed God’s name; 5. Bowl poured on the throne of the beast, his kingdom became full of darkness and pain; 6. Bowl poured on the great river Euphrates, its water dried up.
Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he when watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame. 16:15
- (7. Bowl poured into the air, noises thunderings and lightning’s and a great and mighty earthquake, the cities fell, great hail fell the weight of a talent.)
They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 22:4
*Topic heading from Thomas Chain Reference Bible, pages 1601-1604